Haven't spent enough time at the beach, lake, or any other preferred body of water this summer? Don't worry, Writer's Bone photo essayist Cristina Cianci's latest post is the perfect cure-all for the summertime blues. Feel free to share your own water photos by tweeting us @WritersBone.
By Cristina Cianci
I grew up 20 minutes from the ocean. You can find me on the beach winter, spring, summer, and fall (in the appropriate seasonal wear of course). Nothing beats a quiet beach interrupted by the dulcet sound of waves spilling over the sand. I even have an alarm clock that makes that noise.
I have to get back to my beach towel and brightly colored cocktail, but enjoy my favorite water photos (seagulls and soothing waves not included):
1. A lagoon in my friend's backyard in Florida.
2. The Atlantic Ocean. This was taken during my first trip to the state of New Hampshire! It's also the farthest north I've been in the U.S. Check those off the list!
3. The Hudson River from my new neighborhood in New York City.
4. My pool at my family's home in New Jersey on a sunny day.
5. Lago di Caldaro in Italian Alps.
6. Magical September sun beams on the Venetian canals.
7. Post winter waves in New Jersey.
8. My cousin fully enjoying herself in Lago di Resia, Italy.
9. Post Friday night cocktail with views of lower Manhattan.
10. My favorite home away from home, our summer escape in Wildwood Crest, N.J. It has held many memories and secrets for the past 25 years, and will hold many more during the next 25.
For more essays, check out our full archive.